【Closed】Artist-in-Residence Program 2017 for visual arts
Artist-in-Residence Program 2017 for visual arts
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. We call for applications from the artists/researchers in performing arts and visual arts alternately. In 2017, the program is open to the artists and researchers working in visual arts.
More details here
Jay Kochel "Air Study"(2014)
• Emerging artists and art researchers of visual arts, who has a significant reason to produce, research and study in Kyoto.
-Literature and Cross-genre art are accepted at any years.
• Applicants must:
- Organize exchange projects with Kyoto citizens during the residency.
- Communicate in English or Japanese.
• Accommodation during the residency period. (Living expenses such as are not included.)
• Studio for production at Kyoto Art Center.
Note: Presentation space availability is discussed after the selection.
• JPY200,000.- for an individual or a group(not each member) for production and/or research.
• Assistance of a program coordinator.
Maximum 3 months from April 1st (Sat), 2017 － March 31st (Sat), 2018
Kyoto Art Center × Kyoto City University of Arts program Marti Ruiz "Baschet sound sculptures Exhibition＆Concert"(2014)
Please send by post or bring in KAC. E-mail and FAX are not accepted
How to Apply
Please submit 2 copies in Japanese or English:
• Application form
• Reference Materials
- Documentation of 3 works or activities. One of 3 works must be within past 5 years. Less than 4 sheets with size A4 (210mm×290mm).
- Researchers must attach theses or reviews, (written in Japanese or English).
A screening committee consisting of arts professionals carefully reviews and evaluates applications. The result will be informed to all applicants by post till the end of October 2016.
Any enquiries for selection will not be answered.
Araya Rasdjarmrearnsook Exhibtion"NIRANAM"Talk(2014)
Kyoto Art Center Artist-in-Residence Program
546-2 Yamabushiyama-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8156 JAPAN
TEL: +81- (0)75-213-1000 / FAX: +81-(0)75-213-1004
WEB: http://www.kac.or.jp/ E-mail:email@example.com