【Closed】 Artist-in-Residence Program 2015 for visual arts
Artist-in-Residence Program 2015 for visual arts
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. We call for applications from the artists/researchers in performing arts and visual arts alternately. In 2015, the program is open to the artists and researchers working in visual arts.
• Emerging artists and art researchers of visual arts, who have significant reasons to produce, research and study in Kyoto.
• Applicants must:
- Organize exchange projects with Kyoto citizens during the residency.
- Give presentations such as exhibitions, performances, lectures or workshops during the residency.
- Communicate in English or Japanese.
• Accommodation during the residency period. (Living expenses are not included.)
• Studio for production at Kyoto Art Center.
Note: Presentation space availability is discussed after the selection.
• JPY200,000.- for an individual or a group(not each member) for production and/or research.
• Assistance of a program coordinator.
Maximum 3 months from April 1st (Wed), 2015 to March 31st (Thu), 2016
Please send by post or submit to KAC. E-mail and FAX are not accepted
Applications must arrive no later than June 30th (Mon), 2014
How to Apply
Please submit 2 copies in Japanese or English:
• Application form
• Reference Materials
- Documentation of 3 works or activities such as pamphlets, DVDs [NTSC/ region code 2] or CDs. One of 3 works must be within past 5 years. Less than 4 sheets of size A4 (210mm×290mm)
- Researchers must attach thesis or reviews, (written in Japanese or English).
A screening committee consisting of professionals carefully reviews and evaluates applications. The result will be informed to all applicants by the end of October 2014.
Any enquiries for selection will not be answered.
Kyoto Art Center Artist-in-Residence Program
546-2 Yamabushiyama-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-8156 JAPAN
TEL: +81- (0)75-213-1000 / FAX: +81-(0)75-213-1004
WEB: http://www.kac.or.jp/ E-mail:email@example.com